Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Pontiac Montana Prototype Project

Here's my shot at the family blog...lol!! About 6 months ago, I started a project with Addco Manufacturing out of North Carolina. They make aftermarket sway bars...aka: they make the car turn faster! :-) There was no other rear sway bar on the market for the GM Versatrak vehicles(all wheel drive). Basically, in a nut shell, a prototype bar was made from our factory bar that was sent to them. I also had to machine out the factory bushings for the larger sway bar...surprisingly, it is rather difficult to work with rubber.

Here's the before...see the little puny black bar that goes from side to side...that's the sway bar.
Here's the bushing that I had to modify.
You can see how much larger the sway bar is...and the van handles awesome now!!! Better than most cars!!
And here's the bushing I drilled out...came out awesome....just like factory!!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Kudos to you!

And to think, I can't even get Antwone to hang a valance rod!

Sheesh...

HA!

:)

E said...

I'm too impressed for words...