If anyone would have told me that in Indiana I would have been woke up at 5:30 in the morning to a shaking house I never would have believed them. And now, I am a believer.
The bed was rocking, stuff in cabinets rattling, and things in the bathroom clattering. When I went outside to play with the kids we even noticed the patio furniture and playhouse had been moved because the marks were no longer in the same spots!!! The news said it registered a 5.4 and the epicenter was in Illinois about 40 miles northwest of Evansville IN. We even got a 4.6 aftershock at 11:15 ish. Effects have been reported to have been felt in cities as far away as Des Moines Iowa and Atlanta Georgia. I don't know about that, but man was it crazy here!!!
Another moment in the line of WHY DID WE MOVE BACK? Sigh.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No earthquakes in NC... :)
Jess, it woke me up, too! Bizarre!
And I agree about the Atlanta thing.... how could they feel it down there!?!?! They're just trying to get their name in the papers! (giggle)
Hope to see you outside soon!
Post a Comment