Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Grand Unveiling!!

I thought for a long time the best way to introduce our blog to the world, and decided it was time to show off our masterpiece. Yes folks, the basement is finished! It was a long and trying road, but we finally got there and it is more than worth it. I highly reccommend having an extra floor in the house to send the kids to play. Sometimes a little space between is good for the worn down parent!! I apologize for the rough photography, but I'm operating on an older camera and can't quite get the angles to do our hard work justice!

I guess we will start the tour with the first room you come to once you go down the stairs, the bathroom. This is definately something you need to have in a basement if you intend on letting kids play downstairs that are potty-training. Garrett has deemed this his very own potty palace. Kind of plain, but useful none the less, and great for visitors too!!



Opposite of the bathroom is the kids's playroom. There is a full size escape window there and a nicely finished column to class it up a bit. The slatted door goes to the utilities. Greg wants to leave it natural color as opposed to painting it white. I am still undecided on that choice, but time will tell huh??
After the playroom, it opens into a sitting area. There we have a recessed wet bar area as well, great for entertaining. There is a door to our storage area too. (Goes under our stairwell) Greg incorporated the bulkhead pretty darn nicely into the room if I do say so myself. And yes that is a futon with a really great mattress for overnight guests!!!

And last but not least, the piece de resistance'..... the movie room!! Greg did a great job coordinating all the pieces, and we ended up with a Sony Bravia Projector that shoots up to a 164 inch screen! Ka-Chow!! We also got a Yamaha receiver, and Klipsch speakers. Greg wired in dimmer lights with movie-esque sconces, a very nice touch!! We also added a chair railing with carpet on half of the walls to help with sound resonance. The pictures don't do it justice!!

So there you have it folks.... now you all have to come over for a movie and see it yourselves!! And stay tuned for more blogging to come!


1 comment:

Christine said...

SO cool!! I am digging the movie room! You guys did a fantastic job!!!